Call for CVs - Data Collector
Position Title: Data Collector (IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix / DTM) with Arabic
Duty Station: Sofia, Bulgaria including travel within the country
Type of Appointment: Short-term consultancy contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
To provide humanitarian organizations and national authorities with data on the numbers, routes, and reasons for migrants seeking to reach Europe;
Provide reliable information on the current flow of migrants towards Europe;
Tasks to be performed:
- Liaise with IOM field colleagues on a daily basis to compile and report, in a systematic way, collect disaggregated data on groups of migrants/asylum seekers (arrivals, transfers, present in the reception centers, among others), from the national authorities;
- Share the information with the Focal Point based in Sofia to update flow monitoring points (FMP) information on a regular basis;
- Conduct at least 70 Flow Monitoring surveys per week, targeting migrants/asylum seekers (of Arabic speaking nationality) at entry points or in reception centers, using paper forms or tablets (ODK technology), in a dignified environment, while respecting protection principles, in particular with persons with specific needs;
- Collect GPS points of and reception centers when necessary;
- Report on a daily and weekly basis on the activities conducted and the realities/issues encountered on the ground and make relevant recommendations;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Successful candidates will undergo training prior to commencement of duties
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Languages
- Completed high school degree is required, a university degree from an accredited academic institution is an advantage
- Fluency in Bulgarian and English languages. Advanced (or at least working) knowledge of Arabic. Working knowledge of Kurdish is also an advantage
- Good level of computer literacy
- Previous experience in providing interpretation services to migrants and/or refugees is an advantage
- Interviewing skills. Good computer skills.
- Awareness of migrants issues
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under difficult conditions.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit CV in English (European Format) by the 24th of March 2017 COB at the latest, referring to this advertisement at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.03.2017 to 24.03.2017