Call for CVs - Administrative and Finance Assistant
Position Title: Administrative and Finance Assistant
Duty Station: Sofia
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: special short-term contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 10 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Bulgaria, IOM is focusing on responding to the current migration situation in the country, in support of the Bulgarian Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved.
Context: In the context of the current migration situation related to the migrants across Bulgaria, IOM Sofia is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organization as soon as possible.
The Administrative and Finance assistant will assist the Senior Admin/Finance Assistant in the following main operational areas:
- Preparation of donor financial reports for all IOM Sofia projects
- Submission of copies of financial documentation as required by all donors
- uality control checks on the requests for payments, purchase requests and other requests that will result to financial obligations
- Maintaining projects’ filing system and ensuring the documentation is regularly updated
- Monitoring of the expenditure and commitment versus approved budget allocations for IOM Sofia projects and programs
- roviding procedural and technical support and respond to financial and administrative queries from donors;
- Reviewing and verifying that IOM and donor’s financial and administrative rules are correctly applied during project execution, reporting any possible incompliance.
- Monitoring the documentation and assuring it’s completeness in compliance with IOM and donors’ accounting procedures.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field from an accredited academic institution with at least 2 years’ professional experience, preferably in financial support or similar roles in the field.
- Knowledge of SAP would be a distinct advantage;
- Previous work experience with EU funded projects would be a distinct advantage
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, in particular, experience in computerized accounting systems and software.
Fluency in English and Bulgarian is required.
- Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Creativity and Initiative – proactively develops new ways to solve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – presents goals as shared interests
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues;
- Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Professionalism – Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Technological Awareness - proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Resource Mobilization - establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
- Follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (European Format CV and Cover Letter) in English, to email@example.com email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 10th of January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 20.12.2017 to 10.01.2018