Call for CVs Intern
Position Title: DTM Research and Reporting Intern (IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix/DTM)
Duty Station: Sofia
Type of Appointment: Consultancy contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: March 10, 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Bulgaria, IOM is focusing on responding to the current migration situation in the country, in support of the Bulgarian Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved.
Context: IOM Sofia is recruiting an Intern to support the IOM team within project focused on the Systematic Data Collection and Analysis of Migratory Flows towards Europe.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In close coordination with the DTM Focal Point in Bulgaria support the reporting mechanisms for data collected by DTM data collectors in Bulgaria;
- Support the IOM’s DTM Flow Monitoring System through analysis of incoming data and information from data collectors;
- Contribute to regular reporting through collection and provision of relevant statistical information and updates regarding the migrant situation in Bulgaria;
- Liaise with IOM’s field colleagues and partners on relevant information management and reporting issues, tools and initiatives;
- Work in close collaboration with the IOM mission in Sofia to ensure of the proper dissemination of all IOM Bulgaria information management products;
- When necessary, participate in field operations to support data collection process;
- Support proper archiving/saving of the data collected and of the maintenance of the equipment used in the field as per established procedures;
- Perform other duties as they might be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary school degree/or a recent graduate who has completed a degree from an accredited college/university within the last year
- Excellent level of computer literacy
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
- Previous experience in working with migrants and refugees is an advantage
- Ability to work under difficult conditions.
Fluency in English and Bulgarian is required.
The internship will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (European Format CV and Cover Letter) in English to email@example.com email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 10th March, 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 01.03.2017 to 10.03.2017