Call for CVs Interpreter
Position Title: Interpreter
Duty Station: Various locations / all Reception Centers of the State Agency for Refugees/
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Consultancy contract (part-time/on call basis)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: March 06th, 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Bulgaria, IOM is focusing on responding to the current migration situation in the country, in support of the Bulgarian Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved.
Context: IOM Sofia is establishing a pool of interpreters to support the work of IOM staff to provide support to migrants taking into account their specific needs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with IOM colleagues and as part of IOM mobile protection team(s) and/or Assisted Voluntary Return (AVR) teams, provide interpreting services according to the specific language needs.
- Assist the IOM mobile team(s) and translate during the screening(s) and assessment(s) of vulnerable cases among refugees, asylum seekers and migrants, including potential victims of trafficking, cases of sexual and gender-based violence, unaccompanied and separated minors, unaccompanied elderly, pregnant women, people with severe mental and physical disabilities, etc.
- Translate during educational, psychological support and individual counseling sessions to the identified vulnerable cases.
- Translate during the information sessions organized by IOM staff members and consultants.
- Do informal translation of documents and materials from Bulgarian and English/French to Arabic, Farsi/Dari, Pashto, Urdu, Punjabi, Kurdish and/or other relevant language.
- Translate information materials to be disseminated to migrants and refugees.
- Undertake duty travels as required.
- Perform other duties as required for the successful implementation of the project.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed high school degree is required, a university degree from an accredited academic institution is an advantage.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Previous experience in providing interpretation services to migrants and/or refugees is an advantage.
- Awareness of migrants issues.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under difficult conditions.
Fluency in the following languages: Farsi; Dari; Kurdish, Pashto; Urdu; Arabic; Punjabi.
Fluency in Bulgarian and English is required.
1. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV in European Format and Cover Letter) in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 06th March, 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 24.02.2017 to 06.03.2017