Call for CVs Legal Counselor
Position Title: Legal Counselor
Duty Station: Various locations /all reception Centers of the State Agency for Refugees/
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: special short-term contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 31 October 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Bulgaria, IOM is focusing on responding to the current migration situation in the country, in support of the Bulgarian Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved.
Context: Under the Project “Strengthening the National Capacity of Republic of Bulgaria in the Fields of Asylum and Migration” IOM Sofia is recruiting a legal counselor to support the work of mobile protection teams consisting of psychologist(s), legal counselor(s) and social worker(s), and other relevant staff to provide support to migrants taking into account their specific needs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with IOM colleagues and as part of IOM mobile protection team(s), provide legal assistance on the procedures to be followed for issuing identity or travel documents, welfare rights, education, housing, access to health care services, etc.
- Provide specialized assistance to the members of the IOM mobile protection team(s) when needed.
- Refer interested migrants for further actions related to the voluntary return and reintegration programme.
- Assist in coordinating the provision of care to all refugees and migrants in line with IOM standards.
- Prepare case reports and coordinate activities as part of IOM protection teams.
- Undertake duty travels as required.
- Perform other duties as required for the successful implementation of the project.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed university degree or higher degree from an accredited academic institution in Law with 3 years of relevant work experience in the field.
- Good level of computer literacy
- Good knowledge of Bulgarian and EU migration related legislation
- Previous experience in providing counselling to migrants and/or refugees and/or third country nationals
- Awareness of refugees and migrants issues.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and difficult conditions.
Fluency in English and Bulgarian is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (European Format CV and Cover Letter) in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 31st of October 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 19.10.2017 to 31.10.2017