Position Title: Intern (CVAC Client Service Assistant)
Duty Station: Sofia
Estimated Start Date: 01 April 2017
Closing Date: March 20, 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) have embarked on a major change programme designed to transform the way that it operates its visa application system. IRCC is implementing a Global Visa Application Centre (VAC) Network, having awarded a seven year contract to a partnership between VFS Global (lead) and IOM (project partner). The VAC network will provide applicants with more convenient channels for visa submissions and improved access to enhanced administrative services, including capture of biometrics, all delivered in accordance with strict IRCC performance benchmarks and privacy requirements.
IOM’s Immigration and Border Management (IBM) Division’s on-going work in improving migration management includes developing Immigration and Visa Support Solutions (IVSS) for governments and migrants worldwide. Within the scope of this work, IOM already provides VAC services in over 15 countries. IOM operated VACs handle all of the time- consuming administrative tasks of the visa application process and aim to ensure that only properly completed visa applications are submitted. Such outsourcing partnerships result in reduced costs and workloads for the Immigration Departments of Member States and faster visa processing times, as well as improved service standards for visa applicants. Perhaps most importantly, such partnerships enable immigration officers to make more informed decisions based on complete information, while focusing on their core function; making visa decisions, and not handling administrative tasks, while focusing on their core function; making visa decisions.
Context: IOM Sofia is recruiting an Intern to support providing client service for the Canada Visa Application Centre /CVAC/ operated by IOM Sofia.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the IRCC (Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada) Statement of Work (SOW) and the IRCC Service Standards
- Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone and e-mail enquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications), providing timely and accurate information to clients;
- Provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting/additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as required.
- Assist in collecting processed applications; returning processed applications, passports and supporting documentation
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the CVAC Regional Manager.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Office
Fluency in English and Bulgarian is required. Knowledge of French, University Studies would be and advantage
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (European Format CV and Cover Letter) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 20th March, 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.03.2017 to 20.03.2017