Position Title: Data Collector (IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix / DTM) with Arabic and Kurdish
Duty Station: Sofia, Bulgaria including travel within the country
Type of Appointment: Short-term consultancy contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
A part of multi-country DTM project: collect data to enable a better understanding of migration flows to Europe whilst particularly focusing on information related to 1) migrant profiles, 2) migration drivers and decision making, 3) role of intermediaries, 4) migrant vulnerabilities, 5) migrants’ perceptions towards Europe and 6) migration choices and options.
Collect reliable information on the current migration flows of Iraqi nationals towards Europe;
Tasks to be performed:
- Liaise with IOM field colleagues on a daily basis to compile and report, in a systematic way, collect disaggregated data on groups of migrants/asylum seekers (arrivals, transfers, present in the reception centers, among others), from the national authorities;
- Share the information with the Focal Point based in Sofia to update flow monitoring points (FMP) information on a regular basis;
- Conduct at least 70 DTM surveys per week, targeting migrants/asylum seekers (of Arabic and Kurdish speaking) at entry points or in reception centers, using paper forms or tablets (ODK technology), in a dignified environment, while respecting protection principles, in particular with persons with specific needs;
- Collect GPS points of and reception centers when necessary;
- Respect IOM’s Data Protection Principles;
- Report on a daily and weekly basis on the activities conducted and the realities/issues encountered on the ground and make relevant recommendations;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Successful candidates will undergo training prior to commencement of duties
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Languages
- Completed high school degree is required, a university degree from an accredited academic institution is an advantage
- Fluency in Bulgarian and English languages. Advanced (or at least working) knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish.
- Good level of computer literacy
- Previous experience in providing interpretation services to migrants and/or refugees is an advantage
- Interviewing skills. Good computer skills.
- Awareness of migrants issues
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under difficult conditions.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit CV in English (European Format) by 24th of July 2017 COB at the latest, referring to this advertisement at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.07.2017 to 24.07.2017