Vacancy notice – Administrative Assistant
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: IOM Sofia, Bulgaria
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment: 1 year fixed-term contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Bulgaria, IOM is focusing on responding to the current migration situation in the country, in support of the Bulgarian Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved.
Context: Under the direct and overall supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) in Sofia, Bulgaria, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for supporting and assisting the implementation of the activities in the field of integration, implemented by IOM and more precisely the migrant information centers in Sofia and Burgas
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provides support for the monitoring of the implementation of the activities at the Information center.
- Provides the logistics for the events organized by the Information center.
- Organizes working meetings with the immigrant communities, local authorities and public institutions, related to the measures aimed to support the integration of the immigrants
- Drafts monthly reports on the implementation of the activities at the Information centre.
- Maintains a record-book on the cases in the Information center.
- Organizes the preparation for the final report on the activities of the center.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachellor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Migration Studies, or related field from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Migration issues would be a distinct advantage;
- Previous work experience with EU donors would be a distinct advantage
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility
Fluency in English and Bulgarian is required.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Actively shares relevant information
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credits where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
1. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (Cover Letter and CV in European Format) in English, to email@example.com email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 22 June 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 08.06.2018 to 22.06.2018