Vacancy notice – Security guard
Position Title: Security guard
Duty Station: IOM Sofia, Bulgaria
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 2
Type of Appointment: 1 year fixed-term contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: February 15th, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Bulgaria, IOM is focusing on responding to the current migration situation in the country, in support of the Bulgarian Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved.
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office (IOM Bulgaria) and the direct supervision of the Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance) & Security Focal Point, the successful candidate will support the SFP in the effective implementation of appropriate safety and security management procedures and control of access to the IOM Bulgaria office building.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Carries day-to day functional duties related to the safety and security procedures at IOM premises; this includes control of access of staff/ visitors/ applicants at entry/ exit area of IOM Bulgaria office
- Implements emergency contingency plans
- Ensures the visitor access procedures are in accordance with instructions. Prevents visitors not working for the agency from wandering freely through the office. Ensures the rules regarding the individuals involved in repairs and maintenance of the building access to premises
- Issues building passes, when appropriate
- Protects staff, office premises and equipment
- Acts according to the instructions and rules in cases of fire or other common emergencies and reports suspicious incidents immediately, reacts quickly to any emergency
- Routinely inspects the condition of all security equipment incl. doors, grills, and windows as well as general condition of the building and office perimeter and reports any damage or deficiency to the SFP
- Checks that all office machines, air conditioners, lights, etc, are turned off after working hours
- Maintains all post documentation in the prescribed manner and maintain IOM log-book
- Patrol assigned areas; maintain continual surveillance against fire, water leakage and any other action which could damage IOM premises or injure personnel
- Monitors the immediate surrounding at all times incl. via the CCTM system
- Investigates and reports all incidents on IOM grounds that involve a breach of security procedures, injuries and theft to the supervisor
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
- Has a thorough understanding of UNDSS security management system, acquaint with the UNDSS field security handbook, completes the Basic security in the Field (BSITF) training and is available for further skill development trainings
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding safety/security requirements of the office and liaises regularly with the Mission Security Focal Point on safety and security conditions
- Provides guidance to new staff on safety and security procedures at IOM premises matters
- Undertakes other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary school diploma;
- At least two years of relevant working experience;
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian is required.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Actively shares relevant information
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credits where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
1. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (Cover Letter and CV in European Format) in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 15th February 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 31.01.2018 to 15.02.2018