Vacancy notice – Operations/Administrative Assistant
Position Title: Operations / Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: IOM Sofia, Bulgaria
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 5
Type of Appointment: 1 year fixed-term contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: October 5th march, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Bulgaria, IOM is focusing on responding to the current migration situation in the country, in support of the Bulgarian Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved.
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Migrant Assistance Coordinator, the successful candidate will be accountable for the procurement, administrative and operational implementation of IOM Sofia programmes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Conduct and coordinate overall logistical actions within the mission, including, but not limited to: Procurement, Property and Assets Control.
- Prepare tenders` documentation sets under AMIF National Program in accordance with the Bulgarian Law. Communication with the donor regarding the preliminary control, publications, monitoring and successful completion of the procurement process.
- Communicate with GPSU and LEG for proper approvals and special templates.
- Keep on track implementation of the Agreements for services and delivery of goods.
- Maintain physical assets record. Maintain PRISM assets list and update details in PRISM record. Supervise updating low value assets inventory.
- Coordinate and monitor procurement processes, including tendering processes and evaluation and supplier selection, to ensure viable procurement solutions that meet operational needs and compliance with IOM procurement procedures, regulations and standard of accountability, ethics, integrity and performance.
- Provision of information and individual conselling to the third-country nationals to promote the opportunities of voluntary return and reintegration measures and encouragement of the decision for voluntary return in the country of origin or third safe country.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of information campaigns to raise the awareness of the third-country nationals residing in the Republic of Bulgaria on the possibilities of voluntary return and reintegration in their countries of origin or third safe country.
- Implementation of publicity and visibility measures of the project.
- Assistance for the preparation of the interim and final reports.
- Collaboration with migrant communities in Bulgaria to promote the project.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- Bachellor’s degree in Humanitarian Studies, Migration Studies, or related field from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Migration issues would be a distinct advantage;
- Working with SAP would be a distinct advantage
- Previous work experience with EU donors would be a distinct advantage
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage
Fluency in English and Bulgarian is required.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Actively shares relevant information
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credits where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
1. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (Cover Letter and CV in European Format) in English, to email@example.com email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 5th of March, 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 21.02.2020 to 05.03.2020