Vacancy notice – Senior Information Technology Assistant
Position Title: Information Technology Assistant
Duty Station: IOM Sofia, Bulgaria
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 6
Type of Appointment: 1 year fixed-term contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 09 April 2021
The International Organization for Migration is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all and it does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Senior Information Technology Assistant under the supervision of the Head of Office and in coordination with the Regional ICT Officer, will be accountable and responsible to perform analytical, technical and administrative work in the design, deployment and maintenance of new and existing networks, servers, workstations, laptop, printers and IT peripherals; performs general maintenance tasks; troubleshoots and resolves issues with IT and Communication systems and peripheral equipment located throughout the organization.
The Senior Information and Technology Assistant has the responsibility to perform the assigned duties as smoothly as possibly, ensuring management quality, cost effectiveness and transparency in accordance with IOM high standards.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only qualified candidates with suitable residence/ working permit in Bulgaria will be considered.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper implementation of ICT polices, guidelines and standard in IOM Bulgaria and work towards adherence to ICT strategy, to reach better efficiency.
- Perform onsite and remote ICT technical support function; Manage incident, requests, changes and problems within the office .
- Perform daily administration, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of on premise and cloud hosted ICT systems
- Contribute to and provide IT assistance related to regional priorities.
- Analyse IT activities in the office and prepare recommendations with a view to increasing their effectiveness.
- Document and prepare reference materials for planned and delivered IT services when assigned, and contribute to the development, continuous improvements and change management processes
- Perform proactive maintenance on the telecommunication system to avoid disruption of service. Perform minor repairs on hardware equipment, as required
- Maintain and install desktop computers and laptops (software/hardware) and peripherals – including relocation of IT hardware as well as create and archive user home drives and profiles
- Assist in the analysis of the over overall Mission’s IT equipment’s performance and needs, identify areas for improvements, and recommend and implement new technologies, upgrades, and technical solutions for enhancement of the Mission’s IT systems
- Perform monitoring of systems, network (LAN, WAN), applications and provide proactive support.
- Provide operational and security administration, maintenance and support, and customer service for the Mission LAN/WAN environment, servers, and applications.
- Implement and administer the security of various systems and network components, including access to the ICT resources and protection against viruses and malware.
- Develop where necessary and deliver training to staff/users to ensure productive use of existing, new systems and ICT tools and applications.
- Collaborate with relevant units, when assigned, for joint development and delivery of new applications, systems, and networks.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- High School degree and minimum 6 years working experience;
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users;
- knowledge of an issue tracking system;
- Valid Microsoft, Linux, CompTIA or other ICT Certifications would be an advantage;
Excellent working knowledge of both Bulgarian and English.
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes and policies;
- Meets deadlines and quality requirements for outputs;
- Monitors own work to correct errors;
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems;
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others;
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress;
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Plans work anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Contributes to a collegial team environments;
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work;
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
1. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (Cover Letter and CV in European Format) in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 09 April 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.04.2021 to 09.04.2021